Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weave With A Thin Chinese Bang

Like a Rock

thank Furio, by this its beautiful post, I was reminded Bob Seger and his songs. I do not want too public if the translation of Like a Rock.


Like a rock

I stayed there with courage
Sweating under the sun
feel like one in a million
feel like number one

The weight of the summer I had never felt so
strong Like a rock I was eighteen


I had a concern
work for peanuts Not a dime to put
by
But I was lean and strong everywhere



Like a rock My hands were firmly
Eye
clear and bright My walk had purpose My steps were quick
and light
and argued strongly that
thought was right Like a rock Like a rock

, I was as strong as I could be
Like a rock, I was going
nothing Like a rock, I was something to see Like a rock


And I was not as straight as an arrow

burdened by the weight of all those who push you and
their schemes I stood proud, I stood tall High above everything

I still believed in my dreams
Twenty years ago
Where are they? Twenty years


I do not know I sit and wonder, sometimes
Where did

And some evenings, late
while wrapped in the firelight The moon comes
bringing with it a ghostly white And I
I remember I remember


Like a rock, standing straight as an arrow
Like a rock, leaving my heavy
Like a rock, carrying the weight


Like a rock Like a rock, the sun on my skin As
a rock, firm in the wind
Like a rock, I see myself again Like a rock

0 comments:

Post a Comment